At Ocean Sales, we're truly grateful for our amazing team comprised of stellar sales persons, along with committed warehouse and office staff that pride themselves in offering the best level of service possible. How lucky are we!?
We started in 1983 with two staff members and one product. Today, we are proudly headquartered in Calgary, Alberta and have other warehouses throughout Canada and within the USA. We continue to grow and offer over 30 products (varying by country) today.
And thanks to the hard work of our team, Ocean Sales has been awarded numerous titles over the years including: Best Themed Display, 5-Star Booth Award, Best Themed Uniform, Merchandise Sales 1st Place, Best Salesmanship, Best Booth Personnel, Happy Exhibitor, and many more.
CUSTOMER SERVICE/OFFICE ASSOCIATE | Duties + Responsibilities
- Answering phones, screening and directing calls
- Processing online and in-person orders, including packaging shipments
- Booking couriers/printing waybills
- Making labels, processing mail, faxes, filing, and other clerical duties
- Welcoming walk-in customers and providing detailed product support
- Answering calls and emails regarding customer challenges/returns, purchases, and our consumer product lines
- Other support duties as required
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Two+ years of office and/or customer service experience
- Professional communication skills - French is an asset as we serve many French speaking customers across Canada
- Good MS Office skills - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent written communication i.e.: email composition
- The ability to type 50+ WPM
- Be good with numbers: processing payments via CC, debit or cash and issuing retail invoices
- Have a great ability to problem solve and truly help customers, providing first class customer service
- Be flexible in nature - you love to help people
We are open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm and we close one hour early on Fridays! Our location is bus accessible but we also have free parking on-site for those who drive. We offer competitive compensation, 3 weeks of paid vacation, as well as benefits. If this role sounds of interest to you, we encourage you to apply by emailing us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE | Duties + Responsibilities
- Collaborate with team to ensure stock, supplies are ready for shipping out to trade shows, and other venues
- Load and prepare skids of product (including packaging/labelling) and equipment for high volume shipments across Canada
- Assist in unloading containers as they come in
- Help fulfill online orders when required
- Monitor equipment conditions and update Manager of any damaged items (identify issues before they become a problem; low supplies, damaged trade show booths, etc.)
- Repair product and booth materials (once trained) and assist in building components
- Use a lift, pallet jack, dolly, power tools, and other warehouse equipment
- Other duties as required, as we are a mid sized company - we wear many hats and assist other team members when and where it is required. If we are in a slower season, one may find themselves washing company vehicles or doing some landscaping. We are always busy!!
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Ideally two+ years of warehouse experience
- Be physically fit with the ability to lift repetitively and stand on your feet for long periods of time
- Have accurate record keeping skills (good with numbers and product codes)
- Can use a variety of light power tools
- Be flexible in nature; our core business hours are M-F, however, occasional weekends and evenings may be required
- Positive attitude and team player (we like to work hard and have fun while doing so)
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written)
We are open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm and we close one hour early on Fridays! Our location is bus accessible but we also have free parking on-site for those who drive. We offer competitive compensation, 3 weeks of paid vacation, as well as benefits. If this role sounds of interest to you, we encourage you to apply by emailing us. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
TRADE SHOW or RETAIL DEMONSTRATOR | Duties + Responsibilities
- Demonstrate and educate consumers about one of our products and its features
- Cross-sell and up-sell accessories where applicable
- Answer consumer questions
- Monitor booth inventory and regularly communicate with our head office
We are looking for someone with:
- Retail and/or sales experience
- Positive energy with a go-getter attitude
- The ability and willingness to travel to different show locations
- The love for the thrill of closing a sale and controlling your own income
If you are you seeking work commitments of 2-13 days, multiple times per year, this could be the ideal role for you! Perhaps you work in an industry such as film and TV and need well-paying gigs to fill the gaps, or you are semi-retired and don't always wish to work (but love (even miss) the thrill of closing high-volume sales). We also have rotating opportunities for retail special events at top locations across Canada. These roles offer you uncapped earning potential in a trade show/special event work environment.
If this unique opportunity of interest to you, we encourage you to apply by emailing us. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.