Step right up, folks! There’s nothing like the taste of freshly popped kettle corn from the fair but now you can have it year-round. This sweet and salty treat is not only easy to make but it’s cost effective too. It costs less than $2 to feed 4 people. Let’s keep this amazing fair season running on and off the grounds this summer!
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil (or coconut oil)
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Set aside a large bowl to pour popped kettle corn into.
- Add oil and 3 kernels of popcorn to the Woll Casserole Dish. Cover and heat on medium-high heat until all 3 kernels pop.
- Remove the lid, add the rest of the popcorn kernels, and shake for a few seconds to coat the kernels with oil. Pour the sugar and salt over the kernels and shake until fully coated.
- Place the lid on the Casserole Dish and shake for 3 seconds, rest for 3 seconds, repeat until the popcorn pops consistently.
- Once the popping is steady shake the pan mostly continuously while pausing occasionally to listen if the popping is slowing down.
- When there is a two second break between pops pull from the heat and pour into the large bowl.
- Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, keep an eye out for unpopped kernels, and enjoy!