This dish is great for a group or for a fun quick dinner. As we approach the new year, we’re sharing a fan favorite recipe that is easy enough for any occasion. To follow along with a video check out our Instagram and TikTok channels.
For a gluten free and keto friendly recipe check out our Air Fryer Zoodle Nests with Marinara Sauce.
Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 8 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley (dry or fresh)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 795g / 28oz crushed tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme (dry or fresh)
- 1 tbsp chopped basil (dry or fresh)
- Preheat your oven to 375˚F/190˚C.
- Use a serrated knife to cut a diamond pattern on the bread going approximately ¾ through the bread. The slices should be about an inch apart.
- Combine melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley in a dish and coat the cracks and top of the bread.
- Fill the cracks with parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Place filled bread inside a 24 cm / 9.5” casserole dish (we used our WOLL Cast Iron Casserole dish – currently on sale in Canada 😉), set lid on top and put in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove the lid and bake for another 10 minutes. Once the bread is finished baking remove from the oven and allow it to rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- While the bread is in the oven begin making the marinara sauce.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized pot on medium to high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until translucent then add the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, and thyme and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and stir occasionally for 20-25 minutes or until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, stir in the basil, let rest for 5 minutes, then place in serving dish. Serve the cheesy bread and marinara sauce together and enjoy!